Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilux - Spot Lights

2 posters

Go down

Hilux - Spot Lights Empty Hilux - Spot Lights

Post by Jackal Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 am

Guys,

My bro is getting a new hilux Monday and went to see it today (lets hope Toyota survive a bit longer!). He's having some spotlights on the front as one of the optional extras but to fit them they've cut into the grill.

They've said they always do but fair enough they have offered to put the grill from their demonstrator on them and remove the spots if he wants.

Do you think that's right that they have to cut into the grill?

Cheers guys
Jackal
Jackal

Back to top Go down

Hilux - Spot Lights Empty Re: Hilux - Spot Lights

Post by Rislar Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 am

Hi bud, that sounds a bit strange, i'm sure the Lux boys will be on to tell you!!!!
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Hilux - Spot Lights Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 am

Relpy from a lux owner:

not really mate, its more of a personal preference and what spots ya got thing, roof spots tend to be a lot deeper so backspace up there aint an issue so they got a rounded back to em, but you can get for example "slimlites" kc make em specifically for grille or bumper mount jobbies, other makes do the same, i got some ring rally giant ones mounted on my front valance ( well drop bracketed off the chassis rail under and up the valance ) but theyre slim fit jobs. if they do protrude some you could always make up a spacer bracket and mount em that way, then should you need to remove em you just gotta deal with 2 bolt holes rather than that & 2 cut outs in ya grill also it'll aid cooling with a bit of a gap between the spots and the grill as too close and if the spots are huge covering the grill itll cause cooling issues but theres slim chance of overheating in a country like this in anycase.

failing that whack a bullbar on the front of it then theres loads of places to hang em off, itll look cool & ya got no worries with ya radiator
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks for your replies - these spots are from the optional extras list for a new hi-lux so it just seemed strange to me that they had to cut into the grill.

I personally wouldn't of had them fitted. Said to him to pick it up and if he doesn't like them after a week or so to get them to fit the demonstrator grill and get a refund on the spots Hilux - Spot Lights Icon_biggrin
Jackal
Jackal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Still odd though!! I've got the PDF's of fitting somewhere but I guess that's not needed!!! Personally I wouldn't have bothered neither !!!
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down