Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blocking of the EGR.

4 posters

Go down

Cool Blocking of the EGR.

Post by navara1 Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 am

This morning I blocked off the EGR. Tested any changes and yes there was. Increase in boost by 1 psi, less smoke. And a 2 mpg Reading. The egr was very clean not caked in soot as I have seen on other navs and oil burning motor with egr fitted. Not a to easy job mind, once split it spring open which is a t#at to put together yourself. But possable if you have a hand to help you much better. I think it's worth doing for the little gain and slight torque increase. Cool
navara1
Expert
Expert

: : Blocking of the EGR. Untitled

Back to top Go down

Cool Re: Blocking of the EGR.

Post by Rislar Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 am

Nice one and i agree, i did the 5 series and that made a difference i also removed the swirl flaps whilst there, good work buddy Very Happy
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

Cool, the purpose of the EGR valve is to reduce NOX emmisions but i dont like penguins anways hence why i run a decat :).

However and i dont know how much this would effect a Navara I've heard of turbo failure due to increased temps.

Is the ECU okay with it?

BTW this is not pie in the shy BS, i have heard/seen people who have done this at my mates spot.
Jesus
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:09 am

Navara in other parts of the world come with the egr blocked off. There is no problems with mine,this is the second D40 I have done. Just done some live data this time to see if anything changed. Over fueling is the problem with the temps and turbos failing. I no I have done one nice colour when red hot blades come out of the pipes. What was lost when de-cat was done as come back with the blanking.
navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jpmc Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Did you notice any change in EGT's if your able to measure?
Couple of guy's I got talking to in Aussie last week have blocked there EGR's too and said there was no backlash from the ECU but they weren't sure about EGT's and I'm currious.

Warranty runs out for me in a couple of thousand km's so I plan to block EGR and remove DPF , and maybe cat.
jpmc
jpmc
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by navara1 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 am

No problem at all but as it is tuned the way it is,it will not take full pedal until full up to temp ?

Once up to temp it burns all up just fine and the egt don't seem to max out to bring on engine cut.

Last edited by navara1 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
navara1
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 am

Nice info there Lee, i'm liking your style grin
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder