Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yet another "which pick up?" thread.

2 posters

Go down

yet another "which pick up?" thread. Empty yet another "which pick up?" thread.

Post by madeinengland Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:28 pm

hi guys. been on here before and can't believe it was 5 years ago!!! my previous post was "pick up truck for van use". cut a long story short the boss ended up sticking with the van we have and so no pick up was brought. this thread is more about buying a pick up for myself.

I have a girlfriend with 4 year old and we have another on the way (October). we have 3 small dogs which we like to go on walks with. so looking for family sized car. we have a caravan that will need towing. I also have plans of getting back into the sparky trade so I've been looking at pickups. my budget is around the £6K mark. there are a lot of pickups out there for this kind of money but generally they have done 100K miles plus. the old shape L200 about a 04-55 plate you can find the odd lower mileage but how reliable are they? I know a lot of what I ask is going to be personal opinions BUT what would be the best pickup about this budget. would any of you be put off by high mileage pickups? for example I've seen 55 plate L200 with 132K on the clock for about £4500. or navara on a 05 plate with 125K on the clock for £4200.

1 more question if I may. what are the great wall steeds like? anybody have experience with one? saw recently one was used for a Dakar rally safety/emergency vehicle. must be ok if they're using them for these things right???
madeinengland
madeinengland

Back to top Go down

yet another "which pick up?" thread. Empty Re: yet another "which pick up?" thread.

Post by jpmc Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Your right it is personal preferance really.
High mileage shouldn't worry you if it's hot running. I had an D40 Navara I put 240,000km on in 3.5 years and then I got a 2012 D40 190hp and it's just about to hit 195,000km and it's going to be 3 years old in September. The early one I did a front wheel bearing and a suction control valve on the fuel pump but other than that neither of them cost me anything extra other than general maintanace.

I've just brought a new NP300 Navara and hoping I get the same run out of that as I have the last two.

I know of Mitsi and toyota's that have high milage on to and have cost the owners bugger all. Infact there's a 1993 Hilux for sale here at the moment that made it on to the national news because it's done 1.2 million kms and never been touched. (Know that's good advertising).
jpmc
jpmc
Expert
Expert

: : yet another "which pick up?" thread. Untitled

Back to top Go down