Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TomTom HD Traffic

3 posters

Go down

TomTom HD Traffic Empty TomTom HD Traffic

Post by SparkyDave Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:17 am

Anyone use it and how do they find it?

For me, at times it's a Godsend, but at others it infuriates me. It seems to be about 50% accurate and will tell me there's traffic where there is none and vice versa. It even sometimes directs me away from traffic onto an apparently clear route, only to find..... traffic delays.

I appreciate some roads won't have the facility to monitor traffic and TomTom will get all their info from a 3rd party, but I'd hoped for a bit more accuracy.
SparkyDave
SparkyDave

Back to top Go down

TomTom HD Traffic Empty Re: TomTom HD Traffic

Post by Rislar Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:24 am

I've never used that one bud, but there has to be somthing in what you are saying as the BMW one was awesome for redirecting and it always got me there withough any hassle!! i would assume they all use the same 3rd party scratch
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : TomTom HD Traffic Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave C Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 am

Well i have Tom tom Traffic.......not live.....but just the additional arerial.......to be honest.....it is handy but not reliable.......i would say that it is more like 30 % accurate....... in my experience.......London/South east and East.......but still better than nothing.... scratch

Funny thing is i understand that they work on the 'TRAFFIC MASTER' SYSTEM ......and they are normally pretty good....... scratch
Dave C
Dave C
Expert
Expert

: : TomTom HD Traffic Untitled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum