Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed

2 posters

Go down

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed Empty Auxiliary/power loom

Post by carts Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:38 am

Time has come to add an auxiliary loom to the load bed. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 252952

I wanted power for a socket, and a feed for the tail gate door switch, and then I have thoughts of adding lights to the roll bar. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 34315

So I went with my thoughts so if I was to run 3 wires it would be better to add some spares/ extras, How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 41087

This meant I ran 5 small wires and 1 heavy amp feed. The behind idea this is the heavy (30amp feed can power various items via relay switching from the others. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 802570

As I have a tail gate push to break/earth switch for the bed lights, the idea was this could be connected to my alarm, and as on a few occasions my tail gate has opened without me knowing I thought a warning buzzer would be handy then I would know if it was open. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 271438

So now I have 4 extras, How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 34315

One will be for the roll bar work/extra reversing lights. (I will link these to the reverse, but switched so they perform both operations).

Another one will be used for the upgrade to my lower reversing lights to allow me to switch these without selecting reverse. (Not sure these and the above will be used when some anchor drives behind me with main beam or just for loading and reversing). You can decide. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 271438 How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 436639

The other two are yet to be confirmed.... suggestions on a postcard of forum please. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 381613

So far I have fitted the warning buzzer for the tail gate, I am waiting for the power socket to arrive (hoping in time for weekend fitting), the roll bar lights are yet still to be justified and decided if I go for a mixed pair of wide and spot. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 772730 How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 535331

The fuse holder is in place for the main power feed at the battery. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 41087

cant belive its taken almost 2hours to dump someone at the airport (blame the misses)

but anyway here's the photos. only of the loom at the rear light area. sorry if you expected more ... How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 949496

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed IMG_5332

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed IMG_5331

Last edited by carts on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
carts
carts
Double Centennial
Double Centennial

http://www.nlba.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed Empty Re: How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed

Post by carts Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 am

Well guys here’s an update to the socket fitting, it arrived Thursday/Friday and was fitted this morning. I went for the water proof version, seems nice quality, and come’s in 4 parts, main housing, locking ring, waterproof cover and cover plate.

It requires a 29mm hole drilling for mounting (but only having 32mm at hand – I checked and all seemed good) and two 3mm holes to mount the cover plate, wiring is straight forward with just positive and negative feeds required. Once the hole is drilled and rust treated, its straight forward case of pushing the socket (with waterproof cover fitted) through the hole and adding the locking nut, then the face/cover plate is fitted and screwed in place.

I have also been looking into adding fuse holders in the nearside rear light cluster area for the various add ons I am fitting (of course the faster fuse will be next to the battery – so a case of double protection), so far my best solution is to fit panel mounted ones near the auxiliary socket, only issues is these will be glass fuses, which will mean I have to carry, Mini blade, standard blade, Maxi blade and glass fuses as spares...

Mini Blade - Nissan standard.

Standard Blade - my extras such as alarm, remote start, HID’s, Reversing lamps, a-bar KC’s etc.

Maxi Blade - KC Daylights on roof (80amp).

Glass – TBC

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed IMG_5346

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed IMG_5355

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed IMG_5351

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed Glassfuseholders

Last edited by carts on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
carts
carts
Double Centennial
Double Centennial

Back to top Go down

How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed Empty Re: How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed

Post by carts Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:32 am

Heads up on what’s needed;

7 meters of cable trunking to suit the amount and sizes of cables to be used.

8 meters of High amp-age battery cable rated to at least 20amp.

15 cm of earth cable to match power cables rating.

10 meters for auxiliary cables. (The extra length will allow running them in to the cab area).

Auxiliary power socket of your choice (recommend water proof type).

2 self tapping screws 4mm, if using water proof socket with cover plate.

Fuse holder and fuse rated at 15amp (depending on your cable and amp draw).

2 spade terminals to suit wire and of 6.3mm blade size.

2 ring terminal (use for earth) 6mm hole, and again to suit your earth feed. And fused connection to battery.

Insulating tape (black).

Packet of cable ties, suggest you use 3.mm or wider and at least 150mm long.

Tools required;

Hole cutter.

Cable cutters

Cable crimpers (use good ones – ratchet type are the best).

Philips screw driver to match mounting screws.

Other accessries;

Then if you are adding other accessories, you will need to decided if the smaller wires will be switch circuits for relays or power circuits themselves ( I suggest use as switch circuits)

If using other circuits then you will also need relays to match what you want to fit (20amp is a suggestion 4 pin).

For more info on other circuits please advise on what you wish to add to your vehicle. How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 102616
carts
carts
Double Centennial
Double Centennial

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 am

Wow, again, i might just need to tidy this thread up and put all this info together scratch
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carts Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 am

Rislar wrote:Wow, again, i might just need to tidy this thread up and put all this info together scratch

I must admit I was think this, and maybe on the 4 x 4 one, but thats your call... How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 271438
carts
carts
Double Centennial
Double Centennial

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 am

It is in the 4x4 unless ive my wires crossed scratch
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by carts Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:44 am

Rislar wrote:It is in the 4x4 unless ive my wires crossed scratch

sorry what i meant was maybe the 4 x 4 driving technicques should be tidyed up How to Add an Auxiliary Loom to the Load Bed 882861
carts
carts
Double Centennial
Double Centennial

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 am

Ahhh it all makes sence now, thanks for the heads up Very Happy

I'll have a look Wink
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum