Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cadillac Escalade EXT

2 posters

Go down

Cadillac Escalade EXT Empty Cadillac Escalade EXT

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 am

Cadillac Escalade EXT 112_0610

The 2010 Cadillac Escalade EXT is essentially a premium full-size crew cab pickup truck that's available in three trim levels: base, Luxury and Premium.

Standard features on the base version include 18-inch alloy wheels, xenon headlights, a roof rack, a road-sensing adaptive suspension, a fold-down midgate, power-adjustable heated front seats, driver memory settings, power-adjustable pedals, rear park assist (with rearview camera), leather upholstery, wood-grain trim, dual-zone automatic climate control, remote engine start, OnStar and Bluetooth. Also standard are a navigation system with real-time traffic updates and an eight-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system (with a CD/DVD/MP3 player, satellite radio and a USB port).

Stepping up to the Luxury trim adds auto-dimming high-beams, 22-inch chrome-clad wheels, an automatically adjusting (Magnetic Ride Control) suspension, a sunroof and a heated steering wheel. The top-of-the-line Premium adds power-retracting side steps and a rear-seat entertainment system. A few of the upper trim features, such as the Magnetic Ride Control suspension and the DVD entertainment system, are available on the base model.

Powertrains and Performance

Unlike the standard Escalade, the EXT is offered only as an all-wheel-drive model. Driving those wheels is a potent 6.2-liter V8 producing 403 horsepower and 417 pound-feet of torque. Power is fed through a six-speed automatic transmission with a tow/haul mode. A manual mode is also featured, but gearchanges are awkward since the controls are mounted on the column shifter.

As of this writing, 2010 EPA fuel economy estimates were not available. Last year they stood at 12 mpg city/19 mpg highway and 14 mpg in combined driving, and this year's adoption of cylinder deactivation technology will likely add 1 or 2 mpg to the highway estimate. Acceleration from zero to 60 mph for such a large, heavy truck is downright swift at about 7 seconds flat.

Interior Design and Special Features

Inside the Escalade EXT, occupants are treated to a typical Cadillac cabin. Delicate stitched leather framed by wood and metal trim creates a stately atmosphere, though some chintzy plastics detract from what is otherwise a successful execution. Gauges are easily legible and the touchscreen interface is intuitive, with easy-to-use controls.

The Escalade EXT's defining characteristic, of course, is the ingenious midgate, which makes the transition from luxury SUV to pickup a simple and elegant procedure. Folding away the rear seats and removing the midgate extends the pickup bed into the interior, providing 101 cubic feet of cargo volume. This flexibility proves handy on the rare occasion when more storage is needed beyond the main bed. When the EXT is in cargo mode, the interior (though only from the rear) is open to the elements. However, a locking removable tonneau cover for the main bed is included.
Hicube
Hicube
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE

: : Thats me !!

Back to top Go down

Cadillac Escalade EXT Empty Re: Cadillac Escalade EXT

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:50 am

Thats rather nice, funny enough, it has some looks of what i expect an Land Rover Pickup to have Very Happy
I wish they would make one scratch

Can you imagine that drive train on a pickup grin
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Cadillac Escalade EXT Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 am

Now that would be a "go anywhere" pick-up truck to die for !! Drool
Hicube
Hicube

: : Thats me !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am

I think that it is rather strange that they haven't jumped on the bandwagon scratch

Pickup sales are now huge and i believe they are missing a big market!! or put another way i would have one on the market in a country mile if i had anything to do with LR!!!!
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Cadillac Escalade EXT Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: