Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Tacoma

2 posters

Go down

Toyota Tacoma Empty Toyota Tacoma

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 am

Toyota Tacoma Toyota11

The 2009 Toyota Tacoma is a midsize pickup available in a regular cab, an extended cab (Access Cab) that features small rearward-opening doors, and a crew cab (Double Cab) with four full-size doors. Both Regular and Access Cabs come with a 6-foot cargo bed. The Double Cab has a shortened bed to make it less cumbersome to maneuver, though you can still get the 6-foot bed if you want.

Tacoma Regular Cabs are meant primarily for workhorse duty and are sparsely equipped. Standard features include 15-inch steel wheels, a limited-slip differential, a composite bedliner, a bed utility-rail system, a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, a front bench seat and a four-speaker stereo with a CD player and an auxiliary audio jack. The Tacoma Access Cab gains air-conditioning, power locks and windows, a rear bench with underseat storage and six speakers. The Tacoma Double Cab adds keyless entry, upgraded cloth upholstery and driver lumbar adjustment.

Most options are grouped into packages available throughout the cab lineup. The SR-5 Package bundles exterior enhancements with interior upgrades (fancier seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, cruise control). The TRD Off-Road Package includes 16-inch alloy wheels, fender flares, exterior chrome trim, a heavy-duty suspension, a locking rear differential, skid plates and sport seats. The TRD Sport Package includes 17-inch alloy wheels, a hood scoop, a sport suspension and sport seats. Separate options available include alloy wheels, cruise control, a towing package, rear park assist and an upgraded stereo with six-CD changer, satellite radio and Bluetooth (Double Cab only).

All body styles are available in both two- and four-wheel drive. A PreRunner version available in all body styles gets the rugged look and suspension of a 4WD truck without the added weight, fuel appetite and traction of actual 4WD. The rear-drive-only X-Runner version is more performance-oriented, with a body kit, 18-inch alloy wheels, a low ride height, a hood scoop, foglamps and an upgraded stereo.

Powertrains and Performance

The 2009 Toyota Tacoma Regular and Access Cabs come standard with a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. Rear-wheel-drive models come with the choice of a five-speed manual or a four-speed auto. Four-wheel-drive models only get the manual. Fuel economy for a rear-drive four-cylinder Tacoma with the auto is 19 mpg city/25 mpg highway and 21 mpg combined. Getting a manual improves that number slightly, while getting 4WD hurts it more.

The 4.0-liter V6 standard on the Double Cab and optional on the Access Cab produces 236 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. The Double Cab is 4x4 only. With the exception of the PreRunner Double Cabs, a five-speed manual transmission is standard, with a five-speed automatic optional. A Tacoma Double Cab V6 we tested sprinted to 60 mph in just 7.8 seconds, making it one of the quickest midsize trucks available. Fuel economy for the 4x4 Double Cab with the auto is 16 mpg city/20 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined. Opting for the manual or the 4x2 Access Cab helps mileage. When properly equipped, the Tacoma can tow 6,500 pounds.

Interior Design and Special Features

The Tacoma is restrained in design, yet still offers high levels of quality and practicality. Fully loaded models include metallic trim and are quite classy -- especially compared to industrial rivals like the Dodge Dakota. The gauges and controls are straightforward and easy to use. The Double Cab's rear seat is comfortable for adults and storage space is plentiful. (There's a new rear-seat storage system standard on the Access Cab.) However, some drivers might take issue with the positioning of the driver seat, feeling that it's mounted too low to the floor. For hauling cargo, a non-rusting and dent-resistant composite cargo bed comes standard on all models, while an optional bed-mounted 115-volt/400-watt electrical outlet is ideal for campers and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
Hicube
Hicube
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE

: : Thats me !!

Back to top Go down

Toyota Tacoma Empty Re: Toyota Tacoma

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am

Now that looks better than the Hilux, it looks awesome, mind whats the score with the power scratch we'd get more from a mini Shocked
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Toyota Tacoma Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 am

It does make you wonder how so many manufacturers with about the same engine cc, make such different bhp figures scratch
Hicube
Hicube

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 am

Mind i know there is a restriction in California due to emissions so no doubt it has something to do with sticking within the laws of all the states scratch
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:47 am

I Agree Prob just got a cork stuck up the exhaust pipes lol!
Hicube
Hicube

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

Ha ha, i believe they have a ECU restriction that can be bypassed but the equivalent MOT is very stringent on emitions!! they even look for mods in the programmes Shocked
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 am

affraid .......No remaps there then !! Crying or Very sad
Hicube
Hicube

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:03 pm

No remaps just plug-ins, mind thats just California, well as far as i'm aware as i was talking to the tuners when out there Very Happy

I do like to keep informed, and i'm sure our American friends can correct me if i'm wrong Laughing

Anyway i'd rather have a plugin Laughing
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down