Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GMC Sierra

2 posters

Go down

GMC Sierra Empty GMC Sierra

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:12 am

GMC Sierra 2009_g10

The 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 is a half-ton full-size pickup that's available in three body styles: standard cab, extended cab and crew cab. Standard cabs can be had with a standard bed (6-foot, 6-inch) or long bed (8-foot). Extended cabs can have a short (5-foot, 8-inch), standard or long bed. In the interest of maneuverability, crew cabs come only with the short bed.

Regular cabs can be had in base Work or nicely equipped SLE trims, while the extended and crew cabs are also available in the plush SLT trim. There's also an SL trim and a top-of-the-line Denali trim for crew cabs only. The Work trim comes with the basics, including air-conditioning (extended- and crew-cab versions), a trip computer, OnStar, vinyl seating, a tilt steering wheel, a 40/20/40-split front bench seat, a CD/MP3 player with an auxiliary audio jack and satellite radio. The SL adds full power accessories, keyless entry, cruise control and adjustable lumbar support for the driver.

Moving up, the SLE also offers premium cloth seating (with a lockable compartment and a power outlet built into the center cushion of the split front seat), an auto-dimming rearview mirror and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The premium SLT adds a premium interior design with a full center console and upgraded materials, rain-sensing wipers (with heated washer fluid), a Bose audio system with a six-CD changer, leather seating, remote engine start, an exclusive dash design with wood and metallic accents, 12-way power/heated front seats and rear audio controls. Sierra Denali models trump the SLT with a unique powertrain, on-road-biased suspension tuning, special wheels, exterior styling enhancements, a heated steering wheel, a turn-by-turn navigation feature for OnStar and USB connectivity (optional on SLE and SLT).

Depending on the Sierra ordered, notable available options include a variety of towing packages, the Z71 Off-Road package (skid plates, an off-road suspension and a locking rear differential), the All-Terrain package (similar to the Z71 but with special interior and exterior enhancements) and the XFE (extra fuel economy) trim variant for the two-wheel-drive 5.3-liter V8 crew cab (which features aerodynamic enhancements and lightweight aluminum components that improve fuel economy).

Other options include 20- and 22-inch wheels, a rear back-up camera, upgraded audio systems, Bluetooth, a navigation system with real-time traffic reports, a rear-seat entertainment system, heated power-folding outside mirrors, a sunroof, a power-sliding rear window, a cargo management system, rear park assist and the "EZ Lift" tailgate that requires only about half the effort (compared to the standard tailgate) to open and close.

Powertrains and Performance

There are four different engines available for the 2010 GMC Sierra 1500. Work trucks have a 4.3-liter V6 (195 horsepower, 260 pound-feet of torque) as standard. This can be upgraded to a 4.8-liter V8 (295 hp, 305 lb-ft) or a 5.3-liter V8 (315 hp, 338 lb-ft). The SLE trims will have one of the two V8s as standard, depending on style, while the SLT has the 5.3-liter engine as standard.

Available on select models is a 6.2-liter V8 (403 hp and 417 lb-ft). The 6.2 comes standard on the Denali. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard on the two big V8s, while the 4.8-liter V8 and the V6 come only with a four-speed automatic. In 0-60-mph testing, we clocked the related Silverado with the 6.2-liter V8 in a very quick 6.6 seconds. Properly equipped, a Sierra 1500 can tow up to 10,600 pounds.

Buyers have a choice of two-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or, in the case of the Denali, all-wheel drive. The Work and LS trims with 4WD have a traditional floor-mounted selector for the transfer case. All other 4WD trims have Autotrac, which features an automatic setting that shifts into 4WD when wheel slippage is detected.

Fuel economy estimates range from 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined for a crew cab XFE down to 12/19/14 mpg for the Denali AWD.

Interior Design and Special Features

The Sierra's base interior is a little dull relative to the competition. However, the Sierra SLT and Denali feature a unique upscale dash and door panel treatment with a full center console and attractive wood grain and metallic accents, although you'll pay a stiff entry price for this privilege. The rear seat in crew cab models is quite comfortable, and the seat cushions can be folded upward for a nearly flat load floor. Interior storage is adequate, but some might take issue with the smallish cupholders and the haphazard organization of the center console box.
Hicube
Hicube
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE

: : Thats me !!

Back to top Go down

GMC Sierra Empty Re: GMC Sierra

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am

I'm loving this info, you either have a excellent source or you have inside info Laughing
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : GMC Sierra Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GMC Sierra Empty Re: GMC Sierra

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

The web is a wonderful place......... Hide Behind Computer
Hicube
Hicube