Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Pick up /

3 posters

Go down

Which Pick up /  Empty Which Pick up /

Post by mjdonnelly Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 am

Hi there, just joined and out to pick your brains.

I'm looking for a new pick up ( currently have l200) Will be double cab with canopy.

I do a little off roading but it is mainly as a family vehicle that he dogs and hawk can go in the back.

I have been looking at the Isuzu Denver and wondered what peoples opinions on it were. I'm trying to keep costs down a bit.

Next part of this is that With my Mitsi I could really do with a slightly better ground clearance not much only an inch or two (most of the pick ups seem to have similar clearance so I presume it will be the same on the next one). What is the best way to do this.

Thaks

Martin.
mjdonnelly
mjdonnelly

Back to top Go down

Which Pick up /  Empty Re: Which Pick up /

Post by Dave C Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:10 am

Hi there Martin. Welcome

Well i have a Nav which i love to bits......just shop around and look at as many as you can to see what pick up suits your needs the best......sorry it's a bit of a wishy washy answer......but hey that's me....

The techy guys will be along soon and tell you more....

All the best and good luck with your choice...

Dc
Dave C
Dave C
Expert
Expert

: : Which Pick up /  Untitled

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:46 am

Hello Martin and welcome Welcome as you said most trucks have the same ground clearance, but what you loose in height you suffer on the road so it is a big battle and most modern trucks are designed with both in mind! i believe the Hilux is slightly higher but only just so i would suggest there wouldn't be much difference!
Your best bet is to try them all within your budget and see what you like, or you can buy cheep kits to jack the truck up for £100 if you really need the hight!
To be honest budget and running cost should be your main concern! as you know, being an owner already thumbsup
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mjdonnelly Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 am

Rislar wrote:Hello Martin and welcome Welcome as you said most trucks have the same ground clearance, but what you loose in height you suffer on the road so it is a big battle and most modern trucks are designed with both in mind! i believe the Hilux is slightly higher but only just so i would suggest there wouldn't be much difference!
Your best bet is to try them all within your budget and see what you like, or you can buy cheep kits to jack the truck up for £100 if you really need the hight!
To be honest budget and running cost should be your main concern! as you know, being an owner already thumbsup

Thanks,

What types of kit are there for lifting it a bit? I don't know anything about it. Is this just a suspension lift?

Would chunkier tyres work and how much of a difference would this make to gearing etc? How much bigger can you go without causing a problem?

I have a couple of tracks which i drive over which are a mess and I have to be careful not to crack the underside of the truck so really think a small lift if practical would help. Would an inch or so make a big difference to road handling?

Thanks again.
mjdonnelly
mjdonnelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 am

Body lift kits, basically they are billet metals that you place between the chassis and the body!
Heavy tyres would also work and wouldn't change much with gearing as you'll only be adding an inch or so! you'll be amazed at the difference off road but then you'd have the road noise to contend with!! so as you can see its either one way or the other as you always end up sacrificing something!!
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mjdonnelly Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 am

Rislar wrote:Body lift kits, basically they are billet metals that you place between the chassis and the body!
Heavy tyres would also work and wouldn't change much with gearing as you'll only be adding an inch or so! you'll be amazed at the difference off road but then you'd have the road noise to contend with!! so as you can see its either one way or the other as you always end up sacrificing something!!

Thanks,

What tyres would you suggest are good all terrain type tyres. I do do a reasonable amount of road driving so they need to be decent in the wet / snow etc. Noise is less of an issue
mjdonnelly
mjdonnelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:32 am

Pirelli Scorpion ATR are what i use, just make sure you get a higher side wall version for the lift Very Happy

BFGoodrich AT's are great but really for the ruff stuff!

Look at this....... LINKY
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down