Pickup Trucks Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck

2 posters

Go down

Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck Empty Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:35 am

The Dodge Ram SRT-10 unleashed its Viper power recently, taking its place in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck." Behind the wheel was Brendan Gaughan, a six-time winner in a Dodge Ram in the 2003 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
The truck was not modified in any way for additional power or enhanced aerodynamics.

Gaughan posted a two-lap, both-directions average speed of 154.587 mph on the 4.71-mile oval at the DaimlerChrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Michigan. The truck's record run was certified by Guinness World Records and the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). The previous record was 147.54 mph, set in July of 2003 by the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning.

Guinness required the record speed to be the average of two one-kilometer runs in opposite directions along the same track, made within an hour of one another. The timing equipment had to be certified as accurate to within 1/1000th of a second, and supplied and operated by a qualified third party. The speed of each run was timed by means of sensors at the start and finish of the measured kilometer, thus giving an average speed over the full distance.

Here's what Brendan Gaughan told the press:

"I've certainly driven some fast trucks," but I've certainly never experienced anything like setting a Guinness world record. I've known for a long time that the Dodge Ram is the ultimate truck for the race track, and this certainly proves the Ram SRT-10 is the ultimate performance truck for the street."
Hein Le Roux, research team member at Guinness World Records, said watching the record-setting speed run was a great way to begin the new year, in which Guinness World Records celebrates 50 years of world records.

After setting the record, the stock Dodge Ram SRT-10 headed to Florida, where it paced the field at the Feb. 13 Florida Dodge Dealers 250 NCTS race at Daytona International Speedway.
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck Empty Re: Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 am

Hicube
Hicube
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE
THE HULK / YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I MODERATE

: : Thats me !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rislar Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 am

Ha ha, i knew if there was a video around you'd find it, good work buddy Very Happy
Rislar
Rislar
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

: : Worlds Fastest Pickup Truck Untitled

http://www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicube Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 am

Hide Behind Computer You know me Innocent
Hicube
Hicube